Treatment & Exploration of Gait for Physiotherapists
7th – 8th January 2021
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby Ref. 2789
Lecturer: Erica Malcolm, MCSP
Consultant To and Founder of Physio Where You Are
Specialist Mobile Neurological Therapy Team
This 1.5 day course is looking at gait analysis in the normal adult and exploring how inefficiencies/ compensatory strategies will impact on the gait pattern.
The course will analyse gait through observation and handling (as in the norm in the clinical setting). It is aimed at the qualified therapist working with adults with acquired neurological damage and will be best suited to those who have a working knowledge of assessment of ‘normals’ and are currently, or have recently, worked in neurology.
- To provide a structure for gait analysis in the neurological patient in community and/or hospital settings.
- To develop a clinical reasoning process to analyse which body part to 'begin with' in treatment of gait.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Briefly assess gait in the clinical setting.
- Give clinical reasons for which aspects of gait should be treated and why.
- Develop a treatment strategy to address an aspect of gait.
SUGGESTED PRE COURSE READING
- Review anatomy of lower limbs.
- Review any gait analysis text of choice.
CPD Certificate of attendance will be awarded: 9 hours
Fee: £220 (Including refreshments)
Limited funded places may be available for AHP’s & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands