This is a comprehensive course covering current concepts in shoulder and elbow physiotherapy and surgery. The format of the course is a combination of lectures with time allowed for questions and discussion; separate breakout sessions for Trainees and Physios; patient case presentations and a live surgery session; separate surgical section targeted at those approaching the FRCS Orth exam.
Topics to be covered include:
• Radiological investigation of shoulder pain
• Frozen shoulder diagnosis and management
• Assessment and surgery of rotator cuff tears
• Wed 1:30 - 3:30 Practical therapy session
• Anatomy biomechanics of the elbow
• Nerve injuries around the shoulder and
elbow with patient case presentations
• Proximal humeral fractures
• Shoulder replacement surgery
Target Audience: Orthopaedic trainees and therapists/other healthcare professionals
who have an interest in shoulder and elbow conditions.