Sensory Intelligence® Training for Practitioners
A CPD-accredited, comprehensive yet practical 3-day course about adult sensory processing
20th – 22nd October 2020
Venue: Royal Derby Hospital, Derby DE22 3NE Ref. 2691
Presented by Ph.D. graduate and adult sensory processing expert,
Dr. Annemarie Lombard
The course will incorporate key theory, research and practical applications of sensory processing for all qualified healthcare staff to expand their knowledge, insight and service offering for individual clients.
● Gaining an in-depth understanding of Sensory Processing and profiling and how it can be used to improve the quality of life, home, work and relationships for adults
● Understanding complex sensory neuroscience concepts in a more practical and easy-to-use format
● Expanding your service offering as a healthcare professional in utilising, sensory insights and strategies to fast-track interventions for adults in mental health and/or educational settings. Sensory Intelligence® can be successfully integrated into the treatment of adults with ADHD, Asperger syndrome, anxiety, depression, stress related disorders, alzheimers and dementia.
● The theory and constructs of sensory processing
● Neuroscience support, pathways, and connections
● Latest research in adult sensory processing and strong mental health overlap in research
● Sensory assessments for adults
● Individual sensory profiling: The Sensory Matrix™
● The Sensory Tree™ - an easy analogy to understand sensory thresholds
● Sensory audits - understanding space and environments
● Sensory overload and stress
● Sensory Intelligence® applications
● Intervention models and tools
● Understand the regulatory properties of the senses
● Sensory Strategies made simple: Sensory snacks, Sensory diets and Sensory ergonomics
● Ethical considerations and responsibilities of practitioners
● Case discussions
● Healthcare professionals working with adults in mental health, education and/or wellbeing
● Any person (with the above credentials) who wishes to become a licensed Sensory Intelligence ®
● Candidates need to complete a booking form and submit proof of a professional registration
● Every attendee will get 2 passwords to complete the online Sensory Matrix™ and must use their 2 passwords issued prior to the course (one for themselves and one for a potential or current client). The Sensory Matrix™ results will be used for case study discussions.
● Attendance does not grant any delegate the rights to use the Sensory Intelligence® brand name and trademarks for any personal or financial gain.
● We do NOT provide a therapeutic hands-on approach but a consultative method using sensory profiling and related strategies as the intervention basis.
Course Fee includes:
● A comprehensive workbook
● 2 Passwords to complete the Sensory Matrix™, our on-line questionnaire developed by
Dr Lombard. On completion, a personalised 26-page report is generated
● CPD accreditation and attendance certificate (18 hours CPD)
● Lunch & refreshments
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.