Date: 10th November 2020
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby DE1 2QY
Lecturers: Jack March Bsc (hons) MCSP
This course will cover the recognition of Rheumatology and Systemic Inflammatory Disorders; following recognition the appropriate immediate management, investigations and onward referral as well as the required Physiotherapy management of such presentations.
- Overview of Rheumatology
- Specific condition recognition including but not limited to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Axial Spondyloarthropathy and Connective Tissue Disorders
- Proceeding on recognition including onwards referrals
- Appropriate blood tests and interpretation
- Appropriate imaging
- Physiotherapy management of the conditions
- General Health
Who is this course suitable for?
Suitable for Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and/or podiatrists of all experience levels.
Tutor: Jack March BSc (Hons) MCSP
Jack is a Physiotherapist, qualified in 2008 from Plymouth University and after rotational posts settled into Rheumatology which he has made his specialty since 2011. He has given seminars, lectures and full day courses on Rheumatology subjects, mostly covering the topics of Recognition, Investigation and Management. These have been aimed at Allied Health Professionals (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses…) but have also been attended by Medical Colleagues from GP practice.
His current roles alongside the provision of CPD include:
- ALP (Advanced Level Physio) for Nuffield Health
- Rheumatology Clinical Lead for Chews Health and Project Lead of The Physio Matters Podcast Team
09:00 - Introduction
09:30 - Overview of Rheumatology
10:15 - Rheumatoid Arthritis
11:00 - Break
11:15 - AxSpA/PsA
12:00 - Case studies
12:30 - Lunch
13:00 - Gout/osteoporosis/FM
14:00 - Case studies
14:30 - Break
14:45 - Physio management
15:30 - Case studies
16:00 - Close
CPD: 6 hours
Fee: £155 (Including refreshments)
Limited funded places may be available for AHP’s and Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.