Recognising Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
6th December 2021
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby DE1 2QY.
Speaker: Dr Aftab Laher,
Consultant Clinical Psychologist/Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
The workshop aims to help health professionals understand more about the development, assessment and treatment of PTSD. The workshop combines both elements of didactic teaching and participative exercises.
Specific topics will include:
- The theoretical background to PTSD
- The epidemiology of PTSD
- Assessment and diagnostic issues
- An evidence based review of treatment approaches
- what works and why?
- What makes an effective treatment?
- working effectively with resistance to change and keeping therapists engaged
Who should attend?
The workshop is intended to be at an introduction to intermediate level. It is particularly appropriate for allied health professionals working within physical rehabilitation.
CPD certificate of attendance awarded: 7.25 hours.
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.