This half day course will provide you with the skills and information to make the most clinically appropriate, safe and cost effective use of X-Ray Imaging for your patient. Included are topics on role and responsibility as a referrer, types of radiation, typical doses and justification of patient exposures.
Specifically targeted Learning Outcomes for Referrers include :
- Ionising radiation, interaction with matter and radiation dose measurement
- The range of radiation doses likely for x-ray examinations
- Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017 roles and responsibilities
- Principles of justification: risk versus benefit
- Where to access suitable x-ray referral criteria
- Alternative imaging and where to go to seek advice
Registration 8.45am. Course Times 9am - 1.30pm.