Posture and Balance in Relation to the Upper Limbs for Assistants
Date: 28th November 2022
Venue: Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
Trainer: Erica Malcolm MCSP
Specialist Neurological Therapy Services (SNTS)
Consultant To and Founder of Physio Where You Are
Specialist Mobile Neurological Therapy Team
A course for assistants working with adults with neurological damage.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of postural control for function.
- Develop an understanding of selective balance for sitting and standing.
- Develop an understanding of the meaning of 'selective' movement of the upper limbs.
- To be able to link poor postural control to inappropriate muscular activity in the upper limbs in sitting and standing.
- To be able to assess whether an individual is using the upper limbs appropriately in sitting and standing
- To be able to recognise aspects of postural deficits and link these to functional difficulties
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
NOTE: This course has a high practical element and loose clothing or comfortable shorts and t-shirts should be worn.