Posture and Balance in Relation to the Upper Limbs for Assistants
9th September 2020
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby
Lecturer: Erica Malcolm, MCSP
Consultant To and Founder of Physio Where You Are
Specialist Mobile Neurological Therapy Team
A course for assistants working with adults with neurological damage.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of postural control for function.
- Develop an understanding of selective balance for sitting and standing.
- Develop an understanding of the meaning of ‘selective’ movement of the upper limbs.
- To be able to link poor postural control to inappropriate muscular activity in the upper limbs in sitting and standing.
- To be able to assess whether an individual is using the upper limbs appropriately in sitting and standing.
- To be able to recognise aspects of postural deficits and link these to functional difficulties
NOTE: This course has a high practical element and loose clothing or comfortable shorts and t-shirts should be worn.
CPD hours of attendance: 5.25 hours
Fee: £130 (Refreshments included)