Posture and Balance in Relation to the Lower Limbs For Assistants
14th May 2021
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby DE1 2QY.
Lecturer: Erica Malcolm MCSP
Specialist Neurological Therapy Services (SNTS)
Consultant To and Founder of Physio Where You Are
Specialist Mobile Neurological Therapy Team
A course for assistants, working with adults with neurological damage.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of postural control for function.
- Develop an understanding of selective balance for sitting and standing.
- Develop an understanding of the meaning of ‘selective’ movement of the lower limbs.
- To be able to link poor postural control to inappropriate muscular activity in the lower limbs in sitting and standing.
- To be able to assess whether an individual is using the lower limbs appropriately in sitting and standing.
- To be able to recognise aspects of postural deficits and link these to functional difficulties.
NOTE: This course has a high practical element and loose clothing or comfortable shorts and t-shirts should be worn.
CPD Certificate of attendanceawarded at end of course: 7 hours