Multidisciplinary Management of Parkinson’s
Wednesday 11th November 2020
Venue: Royal Derby Hospital, Derby.
This study day is aimed at all grades of Allied Health Professionals who have contact with Patients with Parkinson’s Disease in a non specialist setting.
The day looks at a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of patients. Each session will be led by a clinical specialist in the field of Parkinson’s Disease.
Aims and Objectives
- To increase understanding of aetiology and pathology of Parkinson’s Disease.
- To understand the drug actions, options and importance of getting medication on time in Parkinson’s Disease.
- To understand the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
- To gain knowledge of the best practice and current evidence based therapy management of Parkinson’s Disease, including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy.
- To know how to use cues and strategies in Parkinson’s Disease management.
CPD hours of attendance 5.25 hours
Fee: £130 (including light lunch and refreshments)
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.