This comprehensive and in-depth online course is aimed at Allied Health Professionals (including physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, dietitians, music therapists), nurses, healthcare assistants, and doctors/GPs working in community or inpatient settings.
Huntington’s Disease (HD) is a hugely complex progressive neurological condition. This course will enrich your knowledge of HD, give a thorough overview of multiple aspects of assessment and management, and will provide you with practical ideas to take away.
Led by the specialist multi-disciplinary team from the dedicated HD unit at the RHN, the course will include:
- An introduction to Huntington’s Disease and medical management
- Working with cognitive impairments
- Working with communication impairments
- Emotional and behavioural aspects of Huntington’s Disease
- Mobility and postural management
- Nutrition and swallowing including advanced decision planning
- Promoting quality of life and independence through participation