Mulligan Manual Therapy Concept: Part B: The Lower Quadrant: Peripheral Joints, Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joints
Trainer: Thomas GC Mitchell
BSc (Hons) MSc MCTA
A two-day course presenting the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint as well as for the lower extremity.
Aimed at the frontline practitioner, the Mulligan Concept is a series of instantaneous and pain-free manual therapy techniques to allow assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders to provide symptom and functional modification. Mulligan Concept courses provide clinically-directed education in:
• hands-on techniques
• self-treatment and self-management strategies
• taping and home taping techniques
These interventions shall be underpinned by sound clinical reasoning in the application of Mobilisation with Movement on patients. Current rationalisation of the evidence base for the use of the Mulligan Concept and manual therapy will be considered to facilitate participants a thorough and in-depth coverage of the Mobilisation with Movement approach.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Describe the underpinning theory of NAG's, SNAG's and Mobilisations with Movement (MWM's).
• Demonstrate and justify the use of spinal NAG's and SNAG's in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
• Demonstrate and justify the use of peripheral MWM's for the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, hip, knee and foot and ankle with reference to common musculoskeletal disorders.
Who will Benefit
This course is suitable for all musculoskeletal practitioners. It will be particularly useful to Newly Qualified, Junior or Senior Physiotherapists within musculoskeletal practice or aspiring ESP clinicians within First Contact Roles of MSK/Orthopaedic triage.
If you haven't previously attended Part A, you will receive the following course materials.
The candidate shall receive the following to allow immediate application of the Mulligan Concept in their clinical environment:
• A copy of 'NAGS, SNAGS, MWM's etc.' by Brian Mulligan
• A Mulligan treatment belt
• An extensive printed course Handbook
• Sponge foam for improved comfort with handling
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 15.5
- SPECIAL OFFER: £300 per part; £575 for Part A and B