Motivational Interviewing: Intermediate Level
Date: 9th November 2022
Venue: Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
Trainer: Dr. Aftab Laher
This is a follow-up intermediate level workshop for health professionals who have either already come on the 'Introduction to Motivational Interviewing' introductory workshop or have some introductory knowledge of motivational interviewing. The emphasis will be on learning and developing the core practical skills of Motivational interview in the context of interventions within a physical health or mental health setting (the degree of focus on physical or mental health will depend on the background of the majority of the delegates). Delegates should be prepared to talk about anonymised clinical cases and engage in role play/interactive exercises.
Specific content will include:
- Consolidating on OARS: Client-centred listening skills
- Recognising change talk and resistance
- Eliciting and strengthening change talk
- Rolling with resistance
- Developing a change plan
- Consolidating commitment to change
- Integrating MI with other interventions
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 7.25
- £120 if booking this day plus the introductory workshop