Motivating the Unmotivated: Helping ‘Difficult’ Patients
18th May 2021
London Road Community Hospital, Derby, DE1 2QY.
Speaker: Dr Aftab Laher
Lecturer in Clinical Psychology
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
The study day will provide an opportunity to learn about:
- Motivational styles and theories in the context of client work.
- How to enable unmotivated clients to change health behaviours.
- How to work with depressed or apathetic clients.
- How to engage clients who do not want to be there.
- Strategies to prevent treatment sabotage by clients with compensation claims outstanding.
- Working with the sceptical client.
- Strategies to maintain clients’ motivation once treatment has ended.
CPD Certificate of Attendance Awarded: 7.25 hours
Fee: £130or £120 if booking this course plus the follow on Motivational Interviewing course
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.