M.A.E.S. Introduction Course for Paediatric Therapists (PT, OT, SLT). who wish to gain new insights and knowledge about children with neurodevelopmental conditions including CP and how they could develop their clinical reasoning and treatment skills.
Thought-provoking, stimulating and interactive, including analysis of numerous videos of clients with various ages and presentations.
- Understand key mechanisms that will improve the child’s ability to learn and progress, whilst avoiding (or delaying) a plateau effect.
- See how it is possible to target where the problem originates i.e. improving the function of: Basal Ganglia for clients with Dyskinetic CP / White Matter for clients with PVL, …
- Observe and analyse various therapeutic activities that improve the way the brain is functioning following an initial insult and subsequent reorganisation.
Course Aims: To introduce participants to:
- The M.A.E.S. Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its critical relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing skills has long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting on the primary cause of the limitation, rather than concentrating on targeting the visible symptoms.
- Understand the application of the M.A.E.S. Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to develop a wider repertoire of ways to solve problems.
Course Lead by:
Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP Director MAES Therapy International
Consultant Neurodevelopmental Physiotherapist,
& M.A.E.S. Team UK
Jean-Pierre is an expert in the field of Cerebral Palsy. He has more than 30 years’ experience of treating children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental disorders. Jean-Pierre is renowned internationally for his outstanding clinical skills, excellent teaching skills and for the numerous courses related to a variety of neuro-developmental conditions he has led for therapists and doctors worldwide
Length of Course: 2-Days.
Dates: Thursday 25 & Friday 26 February 2021
Further information: https://www.maestherapy.com/next-maes-therapy-courses/
To apply for a place or for further information please contact:
Course Organiser: Jonathan Salsbury E: email@example.com