To provide the theory and practical components to kinesiology taping, including what kinesiology taping is, how to prepare it and how to apply it for different purposes and conditions.
- Outline the muscular anatomy as it is related to kinesiology tape.
- Explain and apply the concepts of the kinesiology tape.
- Describe the unique qualities of the kinesiology tape.
- Recognise the principles of K Tape application and demonstrate its application.
- Demonstrate the various cutting techniques and their clinical application.
- Identify various kinesiology taping methods for:
- Relaxing and stimulating muscles.
- Pain, swelling, joint mobility and stability.
- Treatment of the spine, and upper/lower extremity dysfunction.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Identify what kinesiology tape is.
- Explain and prepare the different strips of kinesiology tape.
- Identify the proposed effects of kinesiology taping.
- Prepare and apply kinesiology tape safely and effectively.
- To be able to remove kinesiology tape safely.
- To be able to apply kinesiology tape to different regions, to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions.