This highly practical kinesiology taping course includes all the key areas in the use of kinesiology tape for the effective management of patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions.
Suitable for: Physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, sports therapists/practitioners, doctors, and final year students.
To provide the theory and practical components to kinesiology taping, including what kinesiology taping is, how to prepare it and how to apply it for different purposes and conditions.
- Outline the muscular anatomy as it is related to kinesiology tape.
- Explain and apply the concepts of the kinesiology tape.
- Describe the unique qualities of the kinesiology tape.
- Recognise the principles of K Tape application and demonstrate its application.
- Demonstrate the various cutting techniques and their clinical application.
- Identify various kinesiology taping methods for:
- Relaxing and stimulating muscles.
- Pain, swelling, joint mobility and stability.
- Treatment of the spine, and upper/lower extremity dysfunction
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Identify what kinesiology tape is.
- Explain and prepare the different strips of kinesiology tape.
- Identify the proposed effects of kinesiology taping.
- Prepare and apply kinesiology tape safely and effectively.
- To be able to remove kinesiology tape safely.
- To be able to apply kinesiology tape to different regions, to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions.