Hypermobility / Ehlers Danlos Syndrome in Adults & Children: Clinical assessment and management
23rd November 2021
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby DE1 2QY
Lecturer: Alison Middleditch MCSP MMACP
This course is for those who want to expand their knowledge on the recognition, treatment and management of Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
This course will provide participants with the opportunity to review and discuss the assessment treatment and management of Joint Hypermobility Syndrome/Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. This will be within a functional framework and based on the best of the latest evidence. The course will consider hypermobility in all groups including children over the age of 7, athletes and adults – including those with a late diagnosis and those with complex problems.
At the end of the course the participants will:
- Have an understanding of and be able to recognise the clinical presentation of Joint Hypermobility Syndrome/Ehlers Danlos Syndrome in adults and children over the age of 7.
- Be able to implement an appropriate functional assessment based on the best of the current evidence base.
- Be able to plan and implement a functional management plan for patients with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome/Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
- Acknowledge and be able to use strategies for dealing with both functional and behavioural issues.
- Have knowledge of suitable evidence based out measures appropriate to dysfunction in Joint Hypermobility Syndrome/Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
A previous delegate to this course said “THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED! The course was excellent ... absolutely worth every penny - and now to share with colleagues!”
CPD: 7.5 hours
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.