Shockwave is not just for tendons...
Venn Healthcare is the FIRST company in the UK to provide a full day FOCUSED Shockwave Therapy training course.
This one day course is open to medical practitioners who want to explore the current evidence base and practical application of Focus Shockwave technology in MSK disorders or for Practices that have just bought a Storz Medical Focused Shockwave Device.
Focus shockwave is the true shockwave technology, with wide application in multiple MSK pathologies. Focused shockwaves are able to penetrate deeper into the tissues and provides all of its power at the designated depth, unlike radial devices. These shockwaves are generated electromagnetically through a cylindrical coil creating opposing magnetic fields when current is applied.
Treatments that require targeting tissue at a deeper level such as tissue close to bone, calcifications or delayed unions and non-unions benefit from focused shockwaves. Patients who are unable to tolerate radial treatments for acute injuries will also benefit from Focus shockwave.
Find out the differences between Radial and Focused Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) and how Focused Shock waves can treat advanced tendinopathies and bone stress conditions.
Benefits of Focus Shockwave vs Radial Shockwave
• Proven biological response to promote tissue regeneration
• More Peak Energy Output than Radial Devices
• Less Painful than radial and well-tolerated by patients
• Able to treat deeper structures such as proximal hamstrings tendons
• Wide Application in multiple pathologies (bone, joint and tendon)
• Promotes New bone growth and calcific re-absorption in tendons
1. Overview of Focus Shockwave technology
2. Indications, Contra-indications and Safety
3. Difference and Benefits of Focus vs Radial
4. Practical application of Focus Shockwave in conditions like Insertional tendinopathies, bone stress injuries, spinal conditions, etc
5. Brief overview of Non-MSK indications (Men’s health, Pelvic Health, etc.)
LIGHT LUNCH & REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED. CERTIFICATE (6* CPD POINTS) PROVIDED VIA EMAIL AFTER THE EVENT. *CPD points applied with FSEM.