Exploring Gait as it relates to Posture & Balance for Therapy Assistants & TI’s
1st December 2021
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby DE1 2QY.
Lecturer: Erica Malcolm MCSP
Specialist Neurological Therapy Services (SNTS)
Consultant To and Founder of Physio Where You Are
Specialist Mobile Neurological Therapy Team
This course is looking at gait analysis in the normal adult and exploring how efficiencies/compensatory strategies will impact on the gait pattern.
The course will analyse gait through observation and handling (as is the norm in the clinical setting). It is aimed at therapy assistants and technical instructors working with adults with acquired neurological damage.
- To provide an outline for gait analysis in the neurological patient in the clinical setting
- To develop a clinical reasoning process to know how to handle during gait
- To develop an ability to facilitate gait
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Briefly assess gait in the clinical setting
- Give clinical reasons for which aspects of gait might need changing & why
- Demonstrate the ability to alter aspects of the gait pattern through facilitation
SUGGESTED PRE COURSE READING
- Review anatomy of lower limbs
- Review any gait analysis text of choice
CPD Certificate of attendance awarded for 7.25 hours