Exploring Functional Patterns of Movement for Therapy Assistants
Date: 5th October 2022
Venue: Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
Trainer: Erica Malcolm MCSP
Specialist Neurological Therapy Services (SNTS)
Consultant To and Founder of Physio Where You Are
Specialist Mobile Neurological Therapy Team
A course for therapy assistants working with the patient with acquired neurological damage.
This course will look in depth at the movements of:
- Moving in bed
- Moving from lying to sitting to lying
- Moving from sitting to standing to sitting
- Moving on a chair and from chair to chair
By the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Clinically reason the most effective way to move an individual in order to promote positive neuroplastic change for future independent functional activity.
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- Please Note: This is not a manual handling training course.