Evidence-Based Practical Application for the Treatment of Cerebral Palsy:
A two-day course for therapy assistants and technicians
24th – 25th May 2021
Venue: London Road Community Hospital, Derby DE1 2QY
Course tutor: Dr Pauline Christmas
This course is designed for therapy assistants and technicians and offers a comprehensive
overview of important aspects of therapy for the child with cerebral palsy. It is a practical
course designed to apply the latest evidence to practice and uses a combination of lectures, video analysis, case presentations and practical sessions. At the end of each day there are questions to test learning. Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Following completion of the course participants will have gained an understanding of:
- How the different types of cerebral palsy present and how the child’s activity and development may be affected.
- Some underlying principles of assessment and treatment from an Evidence-based perspective and when and how they may be used.
- How therapists may apply Evidence-based practice to everyday activities.
- The role of play in therapeutic intervention.
- The role of equipment in therapeutic intervention.
***Course booklet will be provided***
CPD certificate of attendance awarded at end of the course: 14.5 hours
Fee: £150 (early bird £120 for the first 5 booking only)
Limited funded places may be available for AHP’s & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.