When: 27th March 2023
Duration: 1 Day
The ability to perform effective Clinical Supervision is a key component to empowering individuals to deliver healthcare provision of the highest standards. Aimed at clinicians of all levels this interactive Master Class will improve confidence and empower individuals to conduct high quality Clinical Supervision.
The day will introduce individuals to the principles and practice of Clinical Supervision through analysis and application of key Clinical Supervision skills, the core principles of effective Clinical Supervision and the use of models and techniques to plan and perform it effectively. The emphasis of this Master Class is to maximise the face-to-face time to enable individuals to participate in and observe different supervision scenarios and to develop the key skills associated with effective Clinical Supervision.
Through a blend of theory, case study and scenario based group work and discussion, delegates attending this Master Class will:
- Learn what is meant by Clinical Supervision, how to define it and distinguish it from other related development processes, what it entails (and what it does not) and who should (and should not) to take on the role of a clinical supervisor.
- Understand the benefits of Clinical Supervision for staff, patients and their carers and for the service provider itself.
- Appreciate the standards and expectations set down by the professional bodies in relation to effective Clinical Supervision.
- Explore the key elements of Clinical Supervision, identify relevant boundaries, the responsibilities of the supervisor and supervisee and how to use a variety of reliable models to plan and perform sessions.
- Through practical exercise learn the importance of effective communication and rapport building to help form effective clinical supervision relationships
- Learn what an effective Clinical Supervision system looks like, the important role a supervision contract plays within this and suggested durations and frequencies of Clinical Supervision.