Lecturers: Andrew Cuff BSc (Hons) MSc SRP MCSP
Thomas GC Mitchell BSc (hons) MSC SRP CSP BAHT MCTA
This course is the second iteration of the popular ‘Complete Upper Limb Course’. This new version champions high-quality, person-centred MSK care that looks to provide a framework that helps you move beyond joint-specific silos. With the judicious use and application of contemporary evidence, combined with real-world experience and a critical appreciation, this course will equip you ready to rise to the challenges of providing MSK care within the 21st Century.
Aimed at the frontline clinician, this course will demonstrate how you can work with the person presenting in your clinic to achieve their goals whilst also encouraging you to critique course content and delivery to collectively advance thinking and consider new directions. This course will be interactive, fast-paced and readily applicable.
If you want a course that will spoon feed you, this isn’t the course for you. If you want a course that is open to being critiqued, encourages discussion and looks to develop new thinking and innovation for the benefit of all, then please sign up!
- To consider, understand, and apply the principles of high-quality, person-centred MSK practice.
- To consider, appreciate, and approach the assessment and management of MSK complaints beyond joint-specific silos.
- To promote critique, reflection and appreciation of contemporary understanding to advance thinking and consider new directions for high-value care in an ever changing landscape.
Course content includes:
- Neck and Nerve issues
- Differentiation of patent upper limb pain from upper limb pain with origin from the neck
- Entrapment neuropathies
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Management of UL neural issues
- Red flag and systemic presentations
- Red flags in the upper limb
- Inflammatory arthropathies
- Management of systemic presentations
- Shoulder instabilities
- Elbow instabilities
- Wrist and hand instabilities
- Management of upper limb instabilities
- Shoulder tendon pathologies
- Elbow tendon pathologies
- Wrist and hand tendon pathologies
- Management of tendon pathologies
- Stiff joints
- Shoulder stiffness
- Elbow stiffness
- Wrist and hand stiffness
- Management of upper limb joint stiffness
CPD: 15 hours
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.