APPI Rehabilitation Pilates Matwork Level 1
18th - 19th May 2022
Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
The first level in the matwork Pilates training series which has been designed for those teaching in the rehabilitation setting. Based on the most up to date evidence in spinal stability, pelvic stability, strength/conditioning and pain - this is the essential Pilates training tool for all health professionals.
This two day course introduces Pilates technique, relevant research and beginner level exercises. APPI have analysed all 34 traditional matwork Pilates exercises, and broken them down into a step by step guide from day one pain right through to elite level sport. Most importantly, every stage has a clinical reason behind why you should choose that exercise for your client.
- Pilates as you have never seen it before, the complete programme based on pain, pathology and function.
- Understand the evidence behind this popular exercise method.
- Learn the 5 stage rehabilitation programme that is now leading the industry in the UK.
- Identify how to clinically reason every exercise and incorporate it into your practice.
Who will Benefit
This course is open to: Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Rehabilitation Therapists, Sports Rehabilitation Therapists (with degree level qualification), Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Doctors, final year physiotherapy students, those holding either a Human Movement or a Sports Science degree. (If you hold any other qualifications outside the above criteria, please contact the institute directly).
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 16