Speaker: Dr Aftab Laher, Consultant Clinical Psychologist
This advanced study day is for those who already have some experience of working with chronic pain and who have preferably already attended our previous introductory study day on chronic pain management.
Areas to be covered will include:
- Advances in the understanding of pain neurophysiology and how we can explain pain to patients
- Developments in the cognitive-behavioural and motivational approaches to chronic pain
- What should we be assessing and how?
- Developing an evidence-based chronic pain management service
- Dealing with patient resistance and other treatment obstacles
Suitable for clinicians working in physical rehabilitation/pain management settings including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Nurses, Counsellors, Psychologists, Dieticians and Doctors.
CPD Certificate of attendance awarded at end of course: 7 hours.
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.