Advanced Course: Therapy Management of Parkinson’s
4th February 2021
Venue: Royal Derby Hospital, Derby
This course is aimed at all grades of Allied Health Professionals who have some experience of treating people with Parkinson’s and may have previously attended the Derby Parkinson’s Courses e.g. NCORE Parkinson’s Study Day or other relevant training.
The programme will cover management at each of the 4 stages of Parkinson’s – Diagnosis, Maintenance, Complex and Palliative, with emphasis on the latter 2 stages. Motor and non-motor symptoms will be covered and principles of therapeutic management will be followed by individual discipline workshops. Each session will be led by a clinical specialist in the field of Parkinson’s.
Aims and Objectives
- Gain understanding of problems and management at each of the 4 stages
- Understand the impact and implications of hospitalisation on people with Parkinson’s
- Increase knowledge of impact and management of some non-motor symptoms
- To gain knowledge of the best practice and current evidence based therapy management of Parkinson’s Disease, including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy
- Address issues raised from National NICE Audit of Therapy in Parkinson’s
CPD Certificate of attendance awarded 5.75 hours
Fee: £130 (including refreshments)
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.