Restore Therapy is the leading education provider in UK for scar therapy courses, with over 2,000 enrolments from private clinics, NHS and leading cancer charities. Therapists learn specialist manual scar techniques, considerations for scar tissue and recovery with expert educator, Emma Holly and her team.
The RESTORE Oncology Scar Specialist course is a blended course providing hands-on skills and theory to support oncology clients with scar tissue, fibrosis or adhesions and other common complications linked to cancer surgery and treatment such as cording, capsular contracture etc. This course is ideal for professional therapists working with oncology clients, or looking to specialise in this area.
- Pre-course online theory delivered in bite-size video lessons and interactive quiz questions, easy to fit into your schedule.
- In-person training over three days to master the manual skills.
- Supervised clinic sessions where attendees deliver treatment to members of the public with scars
- Ongoing resources via the online platform including over 15 treatment video demonstrations
- Marketing images, leaflets, patient scar care infographics and more.
- PDF documents including pre-course reading, practical techniques, treatment planning, considerations and contraindications, PowerPoints etc.
- 12 months online access.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of scar treatment after cancer surgery and radiotherapy.
- List common complications and considerations for treating oncology clients.
- Assess a scar and any fibrosis or underlying adhesions.
- Use scar massage for oncology clients.
- Check your clients breathing and diaphragm function which can be impacted as part of the wider disruption within the body caused by pain, surgery and the traumatic experience of a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Deliver techniques to mobilise the ribs, shoulders and diaphragm.
- Techniques for treating cording (axillary web syndrome)
- Help a client with self-scar care to promote scar healing and reduce common symptoms associated with cancer surgery and radiotherapy .
The Restore Scar Therapy courses have received 5* reviews on Google and Facebook and are taught internationally to therapists working within physiotherapy clinics and hospitals. Read more about the specialist training we offer on our website.