Date: 22nd - 23rd January 2024
Venue: Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
Trainer: Lucy Gwynne, Physiotherapy Lead for Neuro-Rehabilitation for South Warwickshire Foundation Trust & Michelle Kudhail, Inspire Neurocare, Clinical Director
- Assessment of motor components of balance
- Evidence based treatments for retraining motor components of balance
- Assessment of sensory components of balance
- Evidence based treatments for retraining sensory components of balance
- Assessment of cognitive components of balance
- Evidence based treatments for retraining cognitive components of balance
The aims of this course are to teach you how to assess and treat the multi factorial aspects of balance in a time effective way.
- To provide a framework for multi factorial balance assessment in patients in community and/or hospital settings.
- To develop a treatment programme that patients can follow in a safe and effective way with and without the therapist present.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Assess all components of balance in the clinical setting.
- Evidence the reason for interventions using current research.
- Develop a treatment strategy to address each aspect of balance.
Who will Benefit
This course is aimed at therapists working with people who have balance issues from any cause.
CPD Hours: 14