Date: 7th March 2024
Venue: Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
Trainer: Erica Malcolm MCSP
A course designed for qualified therapy staff.
Level 2 will build on the knowledge gained in level 1. This level 2 course will introduce more practical elements. The student will have the opportunity to explore and assess the effects of influencing muscles and aspects of the connective-tissue system to improve and individuals’ movement, range, pattern and control.
This level 2 course will explore learning through the use of interactive practical sessions, clinical examples and tutor led workshops to enhance the learning of new skills that can be subsequently applied in daily clinical practice.
• To provide the student with an understanding of some of the systems that cause muscle stiffness and how to influence them
• To provide the student with an increased depth of knowledge of functional anatomy, muscle physiology and fascia.
• To provide the student with an opportunity to explore practical techniques to alter connective tissue integrity, muscle alignment and function
By the end of the course the student will be:
• Able to apply treatment techniques learnt, to positively influence movement control, using clear clinical reasoning.
• Better able to assess the difference between movement stiffness due to joint restrictions, muscle mal-alignment or connective tissue dysfunction.
• Able to alter muscle and associated connective tissue to create alignment changes that will reduce stiffness and increase range of movement.
• Able to recognise and assess the negative influence of poor posturing on movement potential and control.
• Able to immediately apply practical techniques learnt into their daily patient interactions and treatment sessions.
• Able to understand the importance of not mobilising ‘stiff’ tissues or body parts, without recognising some of the possible and likely underlying reasons for the presence of stiffness.
Who will Benefit
Level 1 Aspects of Functional Anatomy, Muscle Physiology and Fascia as they relate to the individual with Neurological damage or disease is a pre-requisite for attendance on level 2.
CPD Hours: 7.5