The CSP Charitable Trust is now taking applications for a Research Priorities Award. Funds of up to £295,000 are available.
The aim of the CSP Charitable Trust (CSPCT) is to support high quality research related to physiotherapy practice in the UK. During 2017/18, the CSPCT supported the CSP to undertake a priority setting partnership with the James Lind Alliance (JLA). The CSPCT is pleased to announce additional funds up to £295k are available in 2019/20 for a special one-off research call to fund one of the CSP/JLA top 10 research priorities.
CSP Charitable Trust Objectives
The benefits of the proposal must be related to the aims of the Charity which are outlined below:
- Improve accessibility to learning opportunities for all members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Support the continued development of research capacity
- Support the continued development of a culture of evidence-based practice within physiotherapy
- Ensure that through education, chartered physiotherapists are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to improve the health and wellbeing of the public and those who seek their services
- Ensure that through research they are able to continue to provide and develop effective treatments, advice and education to the public or members of the public, seeking assistance on prevention, management, rehabilitation and recovery to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.
Scope for selecting projects
The CSPCT is seeking to fund a research project based upon one of the CSP/JLA top 10 research priorities.
Innovative project proposals using any type(s) of research methodology are encouraged which address aspects of one of the priority topics. Applicants are encouraged to explore economic evaluation where appropriate and pay attention to public and patient involvement. Projects will be evaluated on the scientific quality of the submission and likely impact of the research.
- The deadline for submitting outline applications has now passed
- For applicants shortlisted at the outline stage, the deadline for submitting full applications is 12 noon, Monday 17 February 2020
- The outcomes are expected to be announced by July 2020.
Log in to download and view the application forms and guidance documents below.