Year published: 2020
As part of the next phase of rolling out the long term plan, NHS England consulted on 5 service specifications. Each sets out important changes to the delivery of primary and community services from April 2020, with implications for physiotherapy. Read the highlights and download full response.
The CSP has highlighted:
In response to the NHS England consultation on the Enhanced Health in Care Homes specification the CSP has highlighted:
- The potential for Community Rehabilitation MDTs to provide Enhanced Health in Care Homes, if capacity is increased through staffing and new ways of working
- The potential for physiotherapy staff to train and develop care home staff to increase physical activity levels of residents and carry out annual multi-factorial falls risk assessments
- The need to extend access to rehabilitation in Enhanced Health in Care Homes to residents temporarily in care homes – currently this group is excluded
- The importance of involving physiotherapist leaders and managers in community as a key stakeholder for PCNs to engage with at an early stage about redesigning services in partnership
- That the role of FCPs is to free up GP time to deliver Enhanced Health, not to deliver it themselves.