We’re looking for CSP members to join our community of ambassadors to help us spread the word about our Stronger My Way online hub
CSP steward Lloyd Renals talks about why he became a Stronger My Way ambassador
Please note: our earlier videos were filmed against a busy background which some viewers may have found overstimulating/inaccessible. To improve the accessibility, our more recent videos use a blue background to make the viewing experience more comfortable.
What is a Stronger My Way ambassador?
CSP director of practice and development Ash James talks about how the hub can benefit you and why you should become an ambassador
As a Stronger My Way ambassador, we encourage you to use the hub’s resources to reach out to other audiences beyond the patients you see so that your colleagues and other healthcare professionals get to hear about it. By doing this you can also meet your CPD needs.
What do ambassadors do?
Dr Jon Thompson talks about how students and others at York St John University use the Stronger My Way campaign
Here's some of the ways you could support us as a Stronger My Way ambassador:
- Organise a peer-to-peer learning opportunity e.g. put Stronger My Way on a meeting agenda in your workplace and highlight the resources to colleagues
- Initiate a teaching session for other healthcare professionals adapting it to your audience or weave it into in-service training
- Share our campaign messages on social media
- Promote the hub resources to key local stakeholders e.g. social prescribers or influential contacts in your workplace or local area
- Run a strengthening event or give a talk in your local community or with a local employer
How to become an ambassador
Chris Gibson, CSP student member, shares how he uses the Stronger My Way resources whilst on placement
Start by watching our short Stronger My Way launch webinar to get familiar with the hub and watch the ambassador videos on this page for ideas on how to promote Stronger My Way.
Who can become an ambassador?
All CSP members are encouraged to think about becoming an ambassador and to promote the hub where they work or learn
Depending on your chosen activity, you might find that becoming a Stronger My Way ambassador can help
Physio Sam Bhide on why she became a Stronger My Way ambassador
you develop a range of exciting new skills, such as:
- Influencing/mentoring a range of audiences, from patients and peers to other health professionals and key decision makers
- Enhancing your leadership abilities by using your knowledge to develop others
- Effective communications and networking, including presenting your message clearly to the right people and ensuring that it has practical impact.
Once you have finished your activities, complete the reflective form on our virtual learning environment (VLE) to reflect on your development and impact. You will then receive a Stronger My Way certificate.
Tell us what you’ve done
You can also let us know about your success as an ambassador so that we can share good ideas to inspire others. Contact us at email@example.com