Notice of Annual General Meeting 2020
Welcome from CSP's President, Baroness Finlay of Llandaff
It will be my pleasure to welcome all CSP members to the Society’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) being held virtually for the first time at 17.30 on Wednesday 2 December 2020. This meeting is free to attend.
At the meeting you will hear from Alex (Chair of Council), Karen (CSP CEO) and myself (CSP President). This has been an unprecedented year for the CSP and the profession and you will be able to hear our thoughts on the highlights, the upcoming priorities and celebrate our centenary year. I very much look forward to it.
Message from Alex MacKenzie, CSP's Chair of Council
The AGM is an important date in the CSP calendar for members to hear about the performance of the CSP and what we have achieved. Members will be able to ask questions about any of the resolutions and about any aspect of the CSP’s and Council’s activities.
The CSP is a member-led organisation and this is your opportunity to make sure that your elected Council Members are leading the profession appropriately and to question us and the CSP leadership team on the performance of the organisation.
Below you will find details on how to join the virtual AGM, the agenda and all the relevant documents that will be referred to in the meeting, along with explanatory notes on the resolutions and some AGM FAQs.
As members, it's really important that you engage in how your profession is run to shape the future of the physiotherapy profession so please use this opportunity to vote. All CSP Members can vote at the AGM and if you are unable to attend but want to vote, you can vote by Proxy.
AGM 2020 Agenda
Welcome by Baroness Finlay (CSP President), introducing the Vice President, Chair of Council, Council Members and CSP Chief Executive.
Please note: The AGM will include a review of the CSP in 2020 by the Chair of Council in addition to reflecting on 2019.
Order of Business:
- To approve the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 2 November 2019
- To receive the Annual (Impact) Report for 2019
- To consider and receive the Balance Sheet and the Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2019
- To confirm BDO LLP as Auditors for the 2020 Annual Accounts
- To confirm BDO LLP as the Assurer for the 2020 Membership Audit Certificate
- To approve the change to the CSP Bye-law 22*
- To approve the change to CSP Bye-law 23*
* Note on approval of changes to the Bye-laws (Resolutions 6 & 7): In accordance with the Charter, changes to the Bye-laws must be approved by Fellows, Members and Student members only.