- Solihull physios share collaborative working award
News item - Posted on 12/05/2016
12 May 2016 A team of physiotherapists, leisure centre staff and volunteers won an award for their collaborative work in a pulmonary ...
- Exercise plan must be part of COPD rehabilitation, audit recommends
News item - Posted on 11/02/2016
11 February 2016 Many people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are not being referred for rehabilitation, researchers ...
- A new perspective: pulmonary rehab at the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
Frontline article - Posted on 01/12/2015
With COPD the theme for next year’s Physiotherapy Works programme, Louise Hunt reports on a new approach to care by the Pulmonary Rehabilitation service at the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital. ...
- Physio findings: mind and body unite to combat pain
Frontline article - Posted on 02/03/2015
Janet Wright looks at the latest research news and Michele Harms reports on Physiotherapy Journal findings. ...
- Differences in patient outcomes between a 6, 7 and 8 week pulmonary rehabilitation programme: A service evaluation
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 27/02/2015
Objective To investigate changes and differences in patient outcomes over time for 6, 7 and 8 week pulmonary rehabilitation programmes in order to identify optimal duration. Setting Community ...
- Making every breath count: Pulmonary care at Rosewood Palliative Day Support
Frontline article - Posted on 16/02/2015
Robert Millett meets the team behind a pioneering palliative pulmonary rehabilitation service. ...
- CSP Scotland conference: Physio develops telehealth device for home-based pulmonary rehab
News item - Posted on 09/12/2014
9 December 2014 A physiotherapy-led telehealth project to deliver pulmonary rehabilitation to people in their own homes is to be ...
- Evaluating the need for two incremental shuttle walk tests during a maintenance exercise program in people with COPD
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 30/05/2014
Objective To determine if there was an increase in walk distance when two incremental shuttle walk tests (ISWTs) were performed at the commencement of a maintenance exercise program (0 month) and at ...
- AHP International conference: Patients with COPD the winners in physio-led telehealth programme
News item - Posted on 09/10/2013
9 October 2013 Only a tiny proportion of people in parts of Scotland with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) have access to ...
- Activity levels after pulmonary rehabilitation – what really happens?
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 30/08/2013
Objectives To assess the changes in physical activity in subjects with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease over 6 months after pulmonary rehabilitation. Design Prospective, observational ...