- Exercise plan must be part of COPD rehabilitation, audit recommends
News item - Posted on 11/02/2016
11 February 2016 Many people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are not being referred for rehabilitation, researchers ...
- A new perspective: pulmonary rehab at the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
Frontline article - Posted on 01/12/2015
With COPD the theme for next year’s Physiotherapy Works programme, Louise Hunt reports on a new approach to care by the Pulmonary Rehabilitation service at the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital. ...
- Physio findings: mind and body unite to combat pain
Frontline article - Posted on 02/03/2015
Janet Wright looks at the latest research news and Michele Harms reports on Physiotherapy Journal findings. ...
- Differences in patient outcomes between a 6, 7 and 8 week pulmonary rehabilitation programme: A service evaluation
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 27/02/2015
Objective To investigate changes and differences in patient outcomes over time for 6, 7 and 8 week pulmonary rehabilitation programmes in order to identify optimal duration. Setting Community ...
- Making every breath count: Pulmonary care at Rosewood Palliative Day Support
Frontline article - Posted on 16/02/2015
Robert Millett meets the team behind a pioneering palliative pulmonary rehabilitation service. ...
- CSP Scotland conference: Physio develops telehealth device for home-based pulmonary rehab
News item - Posted on 09/12/2014
9 December 2014 A physiotherapy-led telehealth project to deliver pulmonary rehabilitation to people in their own homes is to be ...
- Evaluating the need for two incremental shuttle walk tests during a maintenance exercise program in people with COPD
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 30/05/2014
Objective To determine if there was an increase in walk distance when two incremental shuttle walk tests (ISWTs) were performed at the commencement of a maintenance exercise program (0 month) and at ...
- AHP International conference: Patients with COPD the winners in physio-led telehealth programme
News item - Posted on 09/10/2013
9 October 2013 Only a tiny proportion of people in parts of Scotland with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) have access to ...
- Activity levels after pulmonary rehabilitation – what really happens?
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 30/08/2013
Objectives To assess the changes in physical activity in subjects with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease over 6 months after pulmonary rehabilitation. Design Prospective, observational ...
- Live music gets rapturous reception at the Royal Free
Frontline article - Posted on 06/08/2013
Patients at the Royal Free Hospital were offered live music alongside their therapy in an innovative programme set up by the London hospital and the Guildhall School of Music. ...