- Physio findings: movement after hip replacements and late-pregnancy leaks
Frontline article - Posted on 04/07/2016
In our regular round-up of reseach finding Janet Wright looks at should movement be restricted after hip replacement and if exercise can prevent late-pregnancy leaks. ...
- Physio findings: knee exercises, latest articles from Physiotherapy journal
Frontline article - Posted on 29/02/2016
In our regular round-up on research Janet Wright looks at how knee exercises build elders’ confidence. Physiotherapy journal editor Michele Harms highlights the latest articles. ...
- Current management of pregnancy-related low back pain: a national cross-sectional survey of UK physiotherapists
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 24/02/2016
Background Pregnancy-related low back pain (LBP) is very common. Evidence from a systematic review supports the use of exercise and acupuncture, although little is known about the care received by women ...
- Low- and high-frequency transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation have no deleterious or teratogenic effects on pregnant mice
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 01/06/2015
Objective To evaluate the effects of application of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) at low and high frequencies to the abdomens of Swiss mice throughout pregnancy. Design ...
- Physio findings: WCPT Congress and charitable trust awards
Frontline article - Posted on 05/05/2015
In our regular round-up of research that's relevant to physiotherapy staff, Janet Wright looks at CSP’s contribution to WCPT congress. ...
- Information for Patients
Page - Posted on 04/03/2015
4 March 2015 Welcome to the Pelvic Obstetric Gynaecological Physiotherapy Patient Information Section! On This Page About ...
- Physios count in making sure baby is safe
News item - Posted on 19/12/2014
19 December 2014 Physios should advise pregnant women to be aware of unexpected changes in a baby’s movements, said physiotherapist ...
- POGP Conference - 25th & 26th September 2015
Page - Posted on 28/09/2014
28 September 2014 POGP Conference 2015 is to be held at The Majestic Hotel, Harrogate on 25th and 26th September. ...
- Physio findings: triage and women's health
Frontline article - Posted on 16/06/2014
Janet Wright looks at new research of interest to physiotherapy staff. ...
- Pregnancy-related incontinence
Page - Posted on 08/05/2014
8 May 2014 8 May 2014 Pregnancy-related incontinence ...