- MSK director for England reappointed
News item - Posted on 05/04/2016
5 April 2016 Orthopaedic surgeon Peter Kay has been reappointed as England’s national clinical director for NHS musculoskeletal (MSK) ...
- Commissioners lift threat to physio services in Mid Essex
News item - Posted on 21/01/2016
21 January 2016 NHS commissioners in Mid Essex could put on hold proposals to stop or severely restrict access to physiotherapy while ...
- CSP Charitable Trust co-funds research to improve arthritis care
News item - Posted on 10/12/2015
10 December 2015 Physiotherapists can apply for awards from a £1 million fund for research that will improve the quality of healthcare ...
- MSK injury risk rises after concussion, says Harlequins club doctor
News item - Posted on 17/11/2015
17 November 2015 Physios working in sport should be aware that brain damage is not the only problem associated with concussion – the ...
- Halton CCG appoints physio to lead MSK review
News item - Posted on 13/11/2015
13 November 2015 NHS commissioners in Cheshire have appointed physiotherapist Lisa Horne as their musculoskeletal (MSK) clinical lead, ...
- Physios and AHP Federation receive public health and wellbeing awards
News item - Posted on 20/10/2015
20 October 2015 Physiotherapists were among the winners at the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) health and wellbeing awards 2015 ...
- Physiotherapy pioneer shoots from the hip on joint repositioning
News item - Posted on 24/08/2015
24 August 2015 A New Zealand-based physiotherapist who gave his name to an influential manual handling approach is set to make a rare ...
- Charity casts its net wide to offer free physio to merchant navy officers
News item - Posted on 31/07/2015
31 July 2015 A seafarers’ charity is extending its free physiotherapy service to include merchant navy officers who work in the UK’s ...
- Taskforce will tackle poor hip rehab
News item - Posted on 30/07/2015
30 July 2015 A taskforce will be launched this autumn aimed at tackling the poor rehabilitation of hip fracture patients. ...
- Commission says economic benefits of physiotherapy are underestimated
News item - Posted on 28/07/2015
28 July 2015 A major report on the future of primary care has acknowledged the potential role of physiotherapists in primary care ...