- APCP Musculoskeletal Group Survey
News item - Posted on 11/07/2014
11 July 2014 The APCP Muscuolskeletal Group focuses on work with babies, children and young people with orthopaedic, musculoskeletal ...
- Physio chosen to lead musculoskeletal clinical research in north east and northern Cumbria
News item - Posted on 26/06/2014
26 June 2014 A physiotherapist from North Yorkshire is to head local research into musculoskeletal (MSK) diseases, on behalf of the ...
- Physio-led research receives £1.9 million award to develop stratified treatment model for MSK patients
News item - Posted on 13/06/2014
13 June 2014 A physiotherapy-led research team has received a grant of nearly £2m to develop a patient-centred model of care for ...
- Welsh health board to pilot group treatment for low back pain
News item - Posted on 29/04/2014
29 April 2014 A physio team in Wales has been awarded more than £70,000 to pioneer the treatment of patients with low back pain in ...
- Kent MSK service claims 13 week cut in waiting times
News item - Posted on 13/03/2014
13 March 2014 Medway Community Healthcare (MCH) says a move to a new, purpose-built premises has helped to cut waiting times for ...
- Review finds physio-led community service in Lancashire saves nearly £250,000 a year and outperforms best practice benchmarks
News item - Posted on 21/02/2014
21 February 2014 A physiotherapy-led community service in Lancashire could be expanded after an independent review found it was saving ...
- Physiotherapy self-referral pilot to launch in Northern Ireland
News item - Posted on 17/01/2014
17 January 2014 The first physiotherapy musculoskeletal (MSK) self-referral pilot in Northern Ireland has been announced, marking a ...
- Lives worth living: exercise for long-term conditions
Frontline article - Posted on 23/12/2013
Physios are urged to engage people with long-term conditions in therapeutic exercise programmes. Ian A McMillan reports from a lecture in London. ...
- Musculoskeletal disorders are the greatest cause of disability in Europe, new study finds
News item - Posted on 09/12/2013
9 December 2013 Musculoskeletal (MSK) disorders are the greatest cause of disability among Europeans, according to new data from a ...
- Role of physiotherapy in the rehabilitation of survivors of the Kiss nightclub tragedy in Santa Maria, Brazil
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 29/11/2013
On 27 January 2013, a fire in Kiss nightclub, Santa Maria, Brazil caused 1000 injuries and 242 deaths due to carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrogen cyanide (HCN) poisoning. This was the second highest death toll ...