- Review finds physio-led community service in Lancashire saves nearly £250,000 a year and outperforms best practice benchmarks
News item - Posted on 21/02/2014
21 February 2014 A physiotherapy-led community service in Lancashire could be expanded after an independent review found it was saving ...
- Physiotherapy self-referral pilot to launch in Northern Ireland
News item - Posted on 17/01/2014
17 January 2014 The first physiotherapy musculoskeletal (MSK) self-referral pilot in Northern Ireland has been announced, marking a ...
- Lives worth living: exercise for long-term conditions
Frontline article - Posted on 23/12/2013
Physios are urged to engage people with long-term conditions in therapeutic exercise programmes. Ian A McMillan reports from a lecture in London. ...
- Musculoskeletal disorders are the greatest cause of disability in Europe, new study finds
News item - Posted on 09/12/2013
9 December 2013 Musculoskeletal (MSK) disorders are the greatest cause of disability among Europeans, according to new data from a ...
- Role of physiotherapy in the rehabilitation of survivors of the Kiss nightclub tragedy in Santa Maria, Brazil
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 29/11/2013
On 27 January 2013, a fire in Kiss nightclub, Santa Maria, Brazil caused 1000 injuries and 242 deaths due to carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrogen cyanide (HCN) poisoning. This was the second highest death toll ...
- Physiotherapist and South London Academic Health Science Network director heralds e-service for arthritic pain
News item - Posted on 19/11/2013
19 November 2013 The first clinical director for musculoskeletal (MSK) services at the South London Academic Health Science Network is ...
- Conference video link is inspiration for telehealth
News item - Posted on 29/10/2013
29 October 2013 A successful live video stream presentation from the UK to a conference in Australia has shown how it is possible to ...
- MPs told NHS needs better data about care for arthritis and musculoskeletal diseases
News item - Posted on 25/10/2013
25 October 2013 A lack of data about services for patients with long term conditions is undermining the NHS’s understanding of the ...
- Physio at helm as trust changes tack and invests in primary care services
News item - Posted on 27/09/2013
27 September 2013 A physiotherapist is at the helm of an innovative service redesign that has gained funding worth nearly £800,000 for ...
- Home Office issues explosive warning on instant cold packs
News item - Posted on 17/09/2013
17 September 2013 Physiotherapy staff must keep instant cold packs under lock and key – to prevent them from being used to make bombs, ...