- Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation increases daily physical activity of patients following myocardial infarction: subanalysis of two randomised controlled trials
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 24/02/2017
Objective To assess the effects of an exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation programme on daily physical activity levels of patients following myocardial infarction. Design Subanalysis of two ...
- Collaborative cardiac care: University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS trust
Frontline article - Posted on 02/03/2015
Robert Millett meets the physios from north Staffordshire who are using innovative partnerships to make cardiac rehab available to a wide group of patients. ...
- In review: High-performance training for sports
Frontline article - Posted on 16/02/2015
In our new column we feature the book: High-performance training for sports, by David Joyce and Daniel Lewington (eds). ...
- Physio-findings - Exercise
Frontline article - Posted on 15/07/2013
In our regular column on research that's relevant to physiotherapists, Janet Wright looks at the latest clinical findings. ...
- Going live
Frontline article - Posted on 04/12/2012
A successful online self-management programme is helping patients with cardiac problems to stay healthy. Now, as Janet Wright discovers, patients with COPD are set to benefit too ...
- Physio findings: the benefits of exercise
Frontline article - Posted on 03/12/2012
Michele Harms, editor of the CSP’s Physiotherapy journal, sums up the latest research findings from the issue out this month 98(4) December 2012. Janet Wright looks at other papers ...
- Guidance out on cardiac rehab
Frontline article - Posted on 19/11/2012
Physios will benefit from updated guidance on prescribing physical activity and exercise for patients who have had heart attacks. ...
- The 6-minute walk test in outpatient cardiac rehabilitation: validity, reliability and responsiveness—a systematic review
Physiotherapy Journal article - Posted on 16/11/2012
Background The 6-minute walk test (6MWT) is a common outcome measurement in cardiac rehabilitation. However, a search of the literature found no established guidelines for use of the 6MWT in cardiac ...
- Leicester activates heart care
News item - Posted on 12/11/2012
12 November 2012 Staff and patients united to launch a unique cardiac rehabilitation programme at Leicester General Hospital on 2 ...
- Physiotherapy works: cardiac rehab
Publication - Posted on 27/01/2012
Physiotherapy-led cardiac rehabilitation (CR) is a clinical and cost effective intervention for those living with cardiovascular disease. Download our information in either English or Welsh language versions. ...