The leaflet aims to give some simple but practical advice/suggestions to mainstream physiotherapists on how to manage their appointments for people with learning disabilities.
So your next patient has a learning disability? A guide for physios not specialising in learning disabilities
A learning disability is a significant, lifelong condition that started before adulthood, that affected the person’s development and which means they need help to understand new or complex information, learn new skills and cope independently.
The majority of people with a learning disability can successfully access mainstream physiotherapy services when reasonable adjustments are made.
- So your next patient has a Learning Disability
- Equal access for all: working with people with learning disabilities
- Fife - Learning Disability week 2016
- ACPPLD Leaflet - A guide for physios not specialising in learning disabilities
- NICE Social Care Guidance - Transition from children's to adult's services