ERUS staff (Employment Relations & Union Services), along with CSP stewards and safety reps, offer support, representation, information and advice to members on employment and other work-related matters.
Not sure who your CSP steward or safety rep is?
- ask at your NHS job induction
- check out the CSP noticeboard in your workplace
- contact the CSP enquiry team on 020 7306 6666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Help for you with:
- information and advice on contracts of employment and other employment issues
- advice and guidance on a range of health and safety issues
- free access to information papers on work-related issues: sickness payments, allowances, working extra hours etc
- representation at an internal grievance or disciplinary hearing*
- representation, where appropriate, at external hearings such as an employment tribunal*
- legal support
*Please note that employment advice and representation at meetings and hearings, including the level of representation, is provided at the discretion of the CSP and may be withdrawn when it is judged appropriate to do so. In the rare event of representation needing to be withdrawn the decision would be taken by the relevant senior negotiating officer (SNO) after discussion with the member concerned. A right of appeal exists through our complaints procedure.
Help from us with:
- national negotiation of salaries and conditions of employment on behalf of members working in the NHS
- detailed input into the NHS pay review body process to help determine annual pay awards
- pro-active support and strategy for pursuing claims for trade union recognition outside the NHS
- local negotiation of personnel policies and other locally determined conditions of employment, both inside and outside the NHS
- advice on preparing pay claims for non-NHS workplaces
- targeted research, survey work and policy development to reinforce national and local negotiations
- national negotiations on health and safety and related issues with the Health and Safety Executive and other national bodies
- Support to stewards and groups of members in local negotiations or disputes
- training courses for stewards and safety reps at a regional and national level to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to carry out their roles effectively
- promotion of your interests with government and other agencies, and through campaigning