TUPE: learning objectives
The video above and the documents below have the following learning objectives. After working through both you should:
- Be clear on the main changes arising from the new Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) regulations in England, Scotland and Wales
- Understand the impact on changes to contracts and when an ETO reason will apply
- Be able to explain the impact of the new regulations in a range of situations including unfair dismissal, change to a collective agreement and a change to the place of work
- Understand the impact on the duty to inform and consult
- Understand the impact on collective consultation rights for redundancy
- Be clear on what action stewards and members should take when facing a TUPE transfer
If you are using the video as a learning resource, take some time to look at the TUPE case studies and learning resources below.
In light of what you have learned, consider the advice you could give to the CSP members in the case study.