AHP professors met at the inaugural CAPHR meeting on 8 July 2014
The council's mission is to develop AHP research, strengthen evidence of the professions’ value and impact for enhancing service user and community care, and enable the professions to speak with one voice on research issues, thereby raising their profile and increasing their influence.
CAHPR is supported by 12 AHP organisations, listed below. The council comprises a strategy committee, a professoriate and a UK-wide regional hub network.
With excellent opportunities for learning, sharing, networking, collaborations and access to advice and support, CAHPR strengthens the professions’ research activities and outputs facilitating the translation of research findings into practice and education.
CAHPR celebrated its first anniversary on 4 November 2015.
Find out about achievements in a report from Professor Ann Moore.
CAHPR Member Organisations
- British and Irish Orthoptic Society
- College of Paramedics
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists
- Society and College of Radiographers
- The College of Podiatry
- College of Occupational Therapists
- The British Dietetic Association
- The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists
- British Association of Art Therapists
- The British Association for Music Therapy
- The British Association of Dramatherapists