The Code presents a person-centred approach to professionalism, putting patients’ and clients’ needs to the fore.
It asserts high standards of behaviour while supporting members in fulfilling their roles in rapidly changing environments.
This new and updated version does the following:
- Defines CSP expectations of the professional values and behaviour that underpin all CSP members' physiotherapy roles and activity
- Supports members in taking responsibility for their decision-making and actions
- Reinforces the imperative that members adhere to the requirements of regulation, the law and their employing organisations and education institutions
- Makes positive statements about members' professional values and behaviour and promotes their professionalism.
Section 1: The four principles
- CSP members take responsibility for their actions
- CSP members behave ethically
- CSP members deliver an effective service
- CSP members strive to achieve excellence
Section 2: The Code explained