The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy

Upgrade to CSP contacts system

Between 18 April and 2 May some membership-related services will be unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.


View your shopping cart.

Sports massage

You will need separate insurance if you want to practice sports massage and you are not a registered physiotherapist.


Qualified physiotherapists, who are HCPC registered and ‘full-practising’ CSP members, do not need separate ‘sports massage’ insurance as this activity is covered under the terms of the main CSP PLI scheme.

Student Members may undertake sports massage work separate to their physiotherapy studies. Associate Members may practice sports massage outside of their physiotherapy related work. These membership groups need additional sports massage insurance and the CSP offers a suitable policy via Graybrooks

To be eligible to buy the policy you must:

  • Be a current student and/or associate member of the CSP
  • Hold one of these qualifications:
    - Level 3 ( or higher) Sports Massage Certificate from Sports Massage Association Accredited Schools
    - Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy Certificate from VTCT,ITEC or CIBTAC
  • Retain your certificate of sports massage qualification as proof of eligibility to purchase the scheme.

No other qualifications are acceptable

The premium paid covers a fixed 12 month period from July one year to June the following year. A pro-rata premium is payable for those who take out the policy mid-term. Renewals will come directly to you provided you are still a CSP Student and/or Associate Member.

Student members do not need to continue their separate sports massage policy once they are a registered physiotherapist and they have moved into a ‘practising member’ category of CSP membership (either B or C categories).

Please either visit the Graybrook website for more information on how to purchase this policy.  You can also download the full policy document below.


Back to top