This is a year-long programme for physiotherapists, delivered through a mix of workshops, action learning, work based project and virtual learning.
The first two cohorts of the programme will be based in London and Leeds, and will run from January 2017. You do not need to be based in London or Leeds but must be able to travel there easily for up to 8 days spread over the year.
We are now inviting applications for a place on these two cohorts.
The programme is aimed at band 6 physiotherapists, or the equivalent in private practice, who are working in a community setting.
To apply for a place on one of these two cohorts, you should be able to answer yes to each of the following questions.
You should be:
- a CSP member
- a band 6 or equivalent position within the private, independent or other sectors. (You may be a band 7 equivalent but have limited leadership training.)
- working in a community setting
- carrying a clinical caseload with additional responsibilities, e.g. managing others, projects, identifying service improvements, leading a team.
You should have:
- completed an introductory leadership course and/or have demonstrable experience or interest in becoming a leader
- agreement from someone in your organisation to act as your sponsor/supporter (see the required commitment list in the application form)
- the relevant approval from your organisation to commit to a year-long programme with CSP (please read the required commitment list in the application form)
- an idea for a work based project that will improve patient care within your organisation (This should be a project within your organisational influence that will improve clinical effectiveness, patient safety, patient experience and/or service productivity.)
We are using the term community loosely hoping to reach physiotherapists who
- Work in multi-professional teams
- may work across organisational boundaries
- are unlikely to work with many other physiotherapy peers
- have to navigate community and primary care environments to identify appropriate resources for their patients or to identify relevant other services that would benefit the patient
If you can answer yes to each of the above, apply for a place by completing the application form and return to us by 5pm on Tuesday 1 November 2016.
To find out more about the programme content and delivery, read the leaflet.
If you have any questions or want to discuss your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Leadership Development Programme.