To achieve our aim of ‘improved access to quality physiotherapy services in the UK’, we are running a number of projects in the programme.
The work is split into four areas:
- Professional evidence and tools
- Participation & leadership
Professional evidence and tools
We’re producing evidence briefings and tools to show that physiotherapy is a cost-effective solution for decision-makers.
In addition to the evidence-based briefings and tools below, we have a number of additional items in development.
- Physiotherapy Works - the evidence
- The Falls Prevention Economic Model
- The Workforce Data Model
- Physiotherapy Cost Calculator
- Research into physiotherapy interventions in the management of COPD patients
- Evidence briefings and an economic model will be produced
- Due winter 2016
To find out more about either of these projects, contact us at email@example.com
Hip fracture rehab
- Research into hip fracture rehabilitation
- Evidence briefings and best practice guidance
- Due end 2016
Participation and leadership
The vision for this strand of Physio Works is ‘for the physios and the profession to be recognised by others, including patients as critical to both the delivery and transformation of health and care’.
We started work on this area with research and consultation into leadership in physiotherapy, to help us understand leadership in physiotherapy and priorities members’ needs.
Future projects include developing case studies, collecting and sharing successes in physiotherapy, leadership resources, training and mentoring.