- GP led commissioning through Clinical Commissioning Groups, taking on the role previously carried out by Primary Care Trusts
- Public Health England lead on public health nationally, and responsibility for public health locally moved to local councils.
- Clinical Senates and Clinical Networks advise commissioners
- Health and Wellbeing Boards are hosted by local authorities bring together key decision makers in health, social care, children’s services and public health
- Health Education England oversees education and workforce planning for England and local committees (local education and training boards) operate on their behalf at a local level
- Healthwatch is a national patient body, which gathers information from local Healthwatch organisations whose job it is to advocate for patients
- More health services being commissioned through competitive tendering
- More decisions about services made at a local level
- Move to more integrated planning and commissioning
- Commissioning on basis of outcomes
- There imay be threats services through efficiency savings. At the same time there are potential new opportunities for physiotherapy
It’s now more important than ever to stand up for physiotherapy and for patients. All CSP members know physiotherapy has a positive impact on health and wellbeing and is cost-effective. We need all parts of the health structure to understand this too.
The CSP has produced resources to support members in Getting to Grips with England’s health system.