1: Journal alerts
Sign up to be notified when new journal issues are published:
- Publishers' websites
- Direct from the journal website
- Table of contents
2: Topic alerts
Topic alerts keep you updated with new resources on a specific topic:
- Selective Dissemination of Information via the CSP’s library catalogue
- Database alerting services
- Google Scholar
- Saved searches
Monitor updates from websites:
- RSS feeds
- Watch That Page
- Electronic newsletters
- Discussion lists (iCSP)
Setting up an RSS feed for 'Physiotherapy'
For those who have not used RSS feeds before, see our RSS entry below and find out how to set up a web based news reader such as Google Reader, Netvibes or Microsoft Live.
- Open the CSP website – log in – then go to the Physiotherapy web page
- Click on the Start reading Physiotherapy Journal button to take you to the Elsevier website.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click on RSS feeds then
- either: If you have set yourself up to use the RSS reader Netvibes, Bloglines, or MyYahoo, just click on the icon and you will be taken to your RSS reader’s home page. Log into your RSS reader and then the RSS feed will be automatically added.
- or: If you use any other RSS reader e.g. Google Reader, Outlook Syndicated Content, copy the RSS feed URL that is showing on screen, open your RSS reader and log in, open your subscription list and paste the URL into it, then click on Add.
You will then get regular updates on new articles as soon as they become available - but you do have to remember to check your RSS reader regularly.
Information and advice on RSS feeds and how to set them up.