We can copy journal articles, sections of books and reports etc but due to copyright regulations we can only make one copy of one article from a single journal issue. From books and reports the copying limit is one chapter or up to 5% of the book/report.
As stated on the copyright declaration form, normal photocopying is undertaken either for research for a non-commercial purpose or for private study. If your copying is for commercial purposes or leads to a commercial product e.g. a book, please notify library staff as
different ordering procedures and charges apply.
All illegal photocopying requests will be returned unprocessed to ensure the CSP library copying service complies with UK law.
All library copying in the UK, including the CSP library, is governed by the regulations set out in the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (amended 2003).
The service standard for the CSP photocopying service is:
- Despatch within three days from receipt of payment for stock held by the CSP.
- If the item is not held by the CSP your order will be processed and despatched to another library, if requested, within three days.
- Faxed copies will be despatched on the day of receipt of your order if available, providing the order is received before 4pm
Self-service copying facilities are available within the CSP library during normal opening hours. The charge is 5p per A4 side, 10p per A3 side. Double-sided copying is 5p per A4 side, 10p per A3 side. Please pay staff on completion of your copying.
Copying for CSP members
Non-commercial charges for members are:
- £2.50 per article/chapter held in the CSP LRC (sent by post). Minimum order £5.00
- £5.00 per article/chapter held in the CSP LRC (faxed - same day service if request received before 4pm, otherwise next working day)
Before orders can be processed we must receive a signed copyright declaration form for each article/chapter requested and payment. Payment can be made by phone or via PayPal.
Currently we are unable to accept electronic signatures, forms must therefore be delivered in person, sent by post.
Copying for non-members
- 5.00 per article/chapter held in the CSP LRC (sent by post)
- £7.50 per article/chapter held in the CSP LRC (faxed - same day service if request received before 4pm, otherwise next working day)
The CSP Library and Information Service is able to supply photocopies to other libraries. This service is provided on the assumption that the library is in possession of a correctly completed copyright declaration form for the request.
The library will need to provide:
- A British Library document supply account number
- A unique order number for each item required
- A postal address for shipping
- A contact phone number
- Full details of the item required
The charge for this service is £5.00 per copy and payment is taken from the library's British Library DSC account. A small handling charge is added by the British Library. To order please email email@example.com
Payment for copying requests
The minimum total order for photocopies is £5.00. Payment is made by PayPal. Once we have received your request we will send you a PayPal invoice which you will receive by email. When you have paid you will receive a receipt by email. Once we have received your payment we will commence work on your search.
Note - you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay for the service. See below:
If you do have a PayPal account:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click History and find the invoice or money request.
- Click Pay under Order status/Actions.
- Review the information and click Continue or Pay.
- Click Pay Now to complete the transaction.
If you don’t have a PayPal account:
Check your inbox for an email from PayPal.
Click the Pay Now button in the email. If you don’t see the button, click the link in the email or copy and paste the URL into your browser’s address bar.
click Continue and follow the instructions to sign up for a PayPal account and pay
if you don’t want to sign up for a PayPal account, click debit or credit card and follow the instructions to pay with your card.
Obtaining copies of material not held in the LRC
For members we are able to obtain photocopies from a number of other libraries at a charge of £6 per copy or from the British Library at a charge of £12 per copy. The CSP LIS team will endeavour to use the cheapest source possible.
We will respect the level of payment limit you indicate when placing orders for photocopies (the back of the copyright declaration form contains a section to indicate the maximum you are prepared to pay for the copy).