The Conference and Presentation Award, financed by the CSP Charitable Trust was set up to:
- fund qualified, associate or student members normally residing in the UK, who wish to contribute to a national conference or meeting relevant to, but outside the domain of physiotherapy
- fund qualified, associate or student members wishing to contribute to an overseas physiotherapy-specific/relevant or interdisciplinary international conference/meeting, excepting the World Confederation of Physical Therapy Congress
- fund those contributing to a physiotherapy or interdisciplinary international conference in the UK
It also supports members presenting papers for the first time at peer-reviewed, national physiotherapy conferences held in the UK, including Physiotherapy UK.
To be eligible for consideration, members should be:
- invited as lecturers, keynote speakers or clinical demonstrators directly by the host but only part-funded or unfunded by their hosts. This letter of invitation must be provided in advance of the assessment of the application, retrospective letters will not be accepted - or -
- have had papers accepted for presentation, but who are only part-funded or unfunded by their employer/institution/other sources.
If you are applying retrospectively applications for funding should be made within 12 months of the last date of the conference.
Funding will only be allocated to the lead presenter at a conference. Where funding is sought for more than one presenter for the same presentation, whether on the same or a separate application form, only one award will be allocated. In such cases, the award may be split between the relevant number of presenters at their discretion.
The maximum amount awarded for a successful application will be £1000.
How to apply
There is one round of funding for this award in the autumn. The next deadline is Thursday 1 September and the application process will be open from 1 July 2017.
Applications to the Educational Awards Panel are to be prepared, submitted and assessed through the CSP ePortfolio, a personal interactive online space specifically designed to support your continuing professional development (CPD).
Use the link below (log in needed) to access your ePortfolio account and remember to join the Educational Awards Workspace to enable you to view and use relevant application forms:
Other awards from the Charitable Trust
See more about the CSP Charitable Trust for information about financial assistance for your research project, conference presentation or student elective placement.